Fifty looms. Not in my immediate but it’s there in the distance. Last night I sat with my notebook in hand jotting down my ideas for all the things I wanted to do and experience between now and the end of my fifth year. I saw it as a kind of ‘don’t let life pass you by without grabbing it and having fun‘ sort of list. It’s by no means finished but it gives me some things to focus on, in what has been a couple of months tinged with real sadness. Am I missing any must do places / experiences?
- Visit the Scilly Isles with my Mum
- Spend a week in Finland and see the Northern Lights and take the kids sledding at dusk
- Visit the Chelsea Flower show – without the kids!
- Go on a vineyard tour, ideally in the Napa Valley or Southern France, failing that the UK 🙂
- Take the kids to London to see Matilda at the Cambridge theatre.
- Go and see Moulin Rouge at the Piccadilly theatre with some of my girl pals.
- Stay in a luxury treehouse
- Learn how to make some amazing cocktails properly
- Enjoy afternoon tea at the Ritz
- Visit a disused London underground station !
- See Madness and Soul II Soul live
- Walk parts of the Jurassic Coast, I’ve said parts as I’m realistic that my kids won’t be up for walking all of it!
- Go bloom shopping at Columbia Road flower market
- Climb up the 02 and go down the orbit slide
- Have dinner at Little French, Bristol with Christian
- Hire a canal boat for a slow weekend of canal boat fun
- Attend a six nations rugby game
- Visit L’Manoir aux quat saison for dinner
- Spend a weekend exploring pretty Portmerion, North Wales
- Learn some new cookery skills, I’m thinking of starting with Tapas …..
- Stay at the Newt Hotel
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride
- Spend a long weekend in the Lake District, hiring a boat to explore Windermere
That’s my list so far, I figured start easy and then I can add to it when inspiration strikes. I haven’t as yet really come up with any ideas for overseas adventures bar Finland and the US however I’m thinking Sardinia for starters but I’d love some more inspiration if you can share what you’d add to your bucket list?
One comment on “Milestone Birthday Bucket List Time…”
One of my bucket list things to do, which I’ve done now, was go to the cinema on my own
A great list there