Bedroom Art Ikea Hack
One of the best ways I found to add new life to our bedroom was with some digital art and my Ikea custom mounts. Whilst I’d love to be able to hang some real art in my home, right now after recently finishing the renovation my budget just won’t stretch to it. So for now I’ve put my own spin on things, all designed to give my bedroom more of a cohesive look and a little hotel vibe.
I saw a great idea recently where someone had taken an IKEA frame, removed the standard mount that came with it and replaced it with a custom mount, simple but really effective. I purchased two of the Ikea frames as I felt a set of two large frames side by side would have more impact above my chest of drawers than just one.
If you’d like to do the same the details are below, I’ve also suggested some options for digital downloads but there are lots more online.
Here’s what you need:
- IKEA Ribba Frame – size: 61 x 91 cm (I bought two in black – white is also available)
- Custom Mount from: Best 4 Frames,
- An image of your choice, I opted for this New York snow scene – it’s such a great photo and this urban LA wall art shot.
- You can find beautiful art as digital downloads that you get printed yourself, take a look at BFF Print Shop for art downloads or Drawn Together. Etsy also have some beautiful digital download art, try the Monochrome Design Co, West Woven (for more vintage / traditional landscapes), Studio Inception (for travel wall art) and I also saw some great monochrome landscape prints in Rose Filtered. I ended up purchasing three black and white prints from the fab Aussie Etsy shop The Middle Village.
- I chose to get my images 34×26.5cm. I used Loxley Colour, professional photography printers for the image printing and selected the lustre paper.
Frames are now hung directly above the chest of drawers in our bedroom, accessorised with some frames from Cox & Cox.
If you don’t want to select custom mounts for your Ikea frames, did you know that the Ikea website does state the standard image size that you need? Simply click on the frame description on the applicable web page and open he product description. This will state what size images fit either with or without a mount.